|The Department of Family and Preventive Medicine (DFPM) was established in 1973 in the state's only College of Medicine at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS). The medical school is one of the six health colleges at UAMS.
The Family Medical Center (FMC), conveniently located on the UAMS campus in central Little Rock, strives to provide the highest quality, yet cost effective primary healthcare to the community, while providing an environment that values teaching, scholarly activity, and research. True to the comprehensive and integrative approach of Family Medicine, our scope of services is wide: Preventive health, behavioral health, obstetrics and gynecology (ob/gyn), occupational medicine, geriatrics, adult and pediatric care, outpatient procedures, and more.
The FMC is a comprehensive primary care facility where you and your entire family can obtain the highest quality of individualized care in an environment that is compassionate, respectful, private, and responsive to your needs.
We focus on every aspect of your health, beginning with prevention measures and patient education plans that are practical and beneficial. Whether you need treatment for an injury, management of chronic health concerns, an outpatient procedures or assistance with other health issues at any stage in life, you can find prompt, professional, and cost-effective services all under one roof at the UAMS Family Medicine Center.
Our services and treatments are available for:
- Routine health care for all ages, from babies to grandparents
- Preventive healthcare to avoid problems before they begin
- Fever and infections
- Respiratory problems
- Women's health, including routine exams, birth control, pregnancy, and more
- Prenatal care/obstetrics (OB) care for all stages of pregnancy and delivering your baby
- Pediatric care for babies and children, including immunizations and well-child care
- Sports medicine, including sports physicals
- Heart problems
- Skin problems
- Intestinal problems
- Urinary problems
- Muscle and bone problems
- Alcohol and drug dependency
- Tobacco (smoking) cessation
- Nutrition counseling
- New Extended Hours-by appointment only
- We are conveniently located, with ground-level parking available next to the building. Please contact us to learn more about making the Family Medical Center your medical home.