Support to manage children’s behaviors & promote social-emotional development
REACH will come to you!
Most child care directors and teachers say they want more training in managing challenging behaviors and helping children grow in social-emotional development. But for many specialized training is far away or “hard to reach.”
We go the distance so you don’t have to.
REACH provides training sessions at times that fit your schedule, toolkits with items to practice the skills and concepts taught, and personalized coaching through classroom visits, texts, and email.
Our 6-month partnership helps
- Improve staff morale and enhance program quality.
- Increase support of children’s social-emotional development.
- Reduce staff stress.
- Reduce “problem” behavior in classrooms.
- Fulfill state license requirements for annual professional development hours.
The REACH partnership begins with two directors workshops followed by teacher trainings on these topics:
- A Nurturing Relationship With Every Child: Laying the Groundwork for Good Behavior
- Routines, Schedules, and Rituals: Tools for Effective Behavior Guidance
- Talking About Feelings and Solving Problems
- Positive Attention: How to use it Effectively to Increase Good Behavior
- Choices: Giving Children the Power to “Be Good”
- Advanced Strategies: What to do when a Child Needs Extra Help
We send independent observers into classrooms both before and after the REACH partnership.
For those who complete REACH we have documented improvements. For example, we have found teachers to be warmer and more encouraging and less likely to be harsh or critical toward children.
REACH is available to licensed child care programs throughout Arkansas. We try to prioritize to centers that will benefit most.
Please click on the green box to fill out the REACH Child Care Information Form
Filling out this form puts your center on our wait list and someone will get back with you soon.
To find out more email email@example.com.
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine
Division of Community Research
521 Jack Stephens Drive, Slot 530
Little Rock, AR 72205
Watch a short intro to REACH