If you are living in Arkansas and seeking resident status or an adjustment in your current status, immigration physicals are a requirement of the application process.
At UAMS, our Preventive, Occupational and Environmental Medicine clinic (POEM) program offers immigration physicals, which consist of an extensive interview on your medical history, a complete physical and any tests or immunizations required by immigration services. After all the necessary tests and evaluations, you will be given an official, sealed document to provide to an immigration officer.
All applicants will have an extensive history, a complete physical and any tests or immunizations required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Your exam will include:
- A physical examination
- TB testing
- Syphilis testing
- Required immunizations
To speed up the paperwork process, please bring the following with you to your visit:
- Picture ID (passport or other federally approved documentation that is not expired)
- Medical records for any chronic or serious medical problem
- Vaccination records, and records of immunity (titers) if they have been done
- Any records of syphilis testing done in the past year
- Records of TB testing from any time
- Alien registration number, if available
- I-693 with only your personal information completed (do not sign the document) Go to www.uscis.gov for a PDF version of this document
See the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for more information.
Open from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday Closed for Holidays