Student Health Clinic
The Student Health Clinic (SHC)provides UAMS students with treatment of acute illnesses, wellness, and health promotion services and continual health education. Students who have paid the clinic fee at registration will have access to the SHC. Students must present their student ID and insurance information when checking in for clinic services.
What services are available?
Examples of the typical conditions treated in SHC:
- Sore throats
- Sinus infections
- Ear infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Health education
- Contraception management
- Abdominal pain
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Men’s and Women’s health (including pap smears)
- In-clinic-labs (deductible is waived)
- Pregnancy testing
- Education and screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Addressing certain chronic conditions
- Depression screening
- With the transition to EPIC EMR system, students will now have access to their UAMS patient chart via the patient partial.
- Student Health Clinic email that provides direct contact to SHC providers: Studenthealthclinicefirstname.lastname@example.org
- Opportunity to anonymously submit questions to “ASK THE APN”
If after evaluation in clinic, it is determined that services outside the scope of the clinic are needed appropriate referrals will be made.
What are the Student Health Clinic hours?
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed for lunch 12:30 p.m to 1:00 p.m.
Closed for UAMS holidays.
Where is the Student Health Clinic located?
The Student Health Clinic is located on the terrace level of the Family Medical Center building at 521 Jack Stephens Drive. The clinic entrance is on the east side of the building, facing the corner of Cedar and Sixth Street. You also have access to free clinic parking.
Click here for map view.
Need an appointment?
Please contact us as 501-686-6381.
Questions or concerns?
Contact us at the number listed above or you may contact Melissa Vandiver, the clinic manager, at 686-7678 or email@example.com.